What can I expect my child to be doing at nursery? Your child will be supported in their learning and development through play. It is Important to us that your child enjoys their time at nursery and becomes a confident and Independent learner.
• Making Friends and playing together
• Learning both indoors and outdoors
• Learning to be independent
• Choosing our own activities
• Having fun!
What Are British Values in the EYFS?
• Nursery will promote the following fundamental British values through learning and play
• Democracy - making decisions together
• The rule of law - understanding rules matter
• Individual liberty - freedom for all
• Mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and belief - treat others as you want to be treated
The Curriculum for Early Years Foundation Stage Play underpins all development and learning for young children and therefore your child will take part in many indoor and outdoor play experiences that will help them to learn and develop their inquiring mind, while they are having fun! (Taken from The Early Years Foundation Stage document DFES publications 2007).
There are seven areas of learning & Development Children should mostly develop the 3 prime areas first. These are: Communication and language, Physical development and Personal, social and emotional development. These prime areas are those most essential for your child's healthy development and future learning.
As children grow, the prime areas will help them to develop skills in 4 specific areas. These are: Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the world and Expressive arts and design.
To see our Terms of service please visit: Link